EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) NID VDSL2 Splitter
In theory, twisted pairs are perfectly balanced and both Tip and Ring receive interfering signals with same amplitude and phase. Due to the fact that twisted pairs are transferring signals in differential mode (signal on Tip minus signal on Ring), the perfect balance will result in any coupled signals on tip and ring being canceled.
Practically, twisted pairs are not perfectly balanced and interfering signals on Tip and Ring are not the same in amplitude and phase. Coupled signals on Tip and Ring will not be canceled.
The Comtest NID-TJ splitter with Common Mode EMI Filter provides insertion loss of 30 dB of coupled signals (Electromagnetic interference signals) without adversely affecting the DSL signal (differential mode). This helps to reduce the effect of EMI on DSL signals.
- Easy Clip-in installation to standard NID/SNI boxes
- Make before break RJ-11 connector to verify line dial tone
- Gel-filled Insulation Displacement Connectors (IDC) for easy installation
- Compatible with HPNA v 3.1 home networking
- Environmentally Sealed for outdoor applications
- Secondary lightning/surge suppression
- Small insertion loss in differential mode (Tip – Ring), typically less than 0.25 dB in xDSL Band (25 kHz to 30 MHz)
- Excellent matching impedance to 100Ω - Return loss-relative to 100 Ω typically > 25 dB in xDSL band
- High Common Mode Insertion Loss (Tip to GND, Ring to GND), typically higher than 30 dB in xDSL band
|Dimensions||50.3mm(H) x 23.4mm(W) x 76.2mm(D) (1.98” x 0.92” x 3.00”)|
|Operating Temperature||-40 to +65 °C (-40 to 149 °F)|
|Communications Interface||Connects to the xDSL, POTS service using gel-filled Insulation Displacement Connectors (IDCs). Local loop via twisted pair wire.|
|Capacity||1 Subscriber loop per line unit|
|Compliance||T1.413, T1.424, ITU-T G.992.1, G.992.3, G.992.5, G.993.1 & G.993.2, CSA/UL 60950, FCC part 68,CS03, GR1089 (Level 1 & 2 Surges and Power Fault),GR 3167|
|Connection Types||Gel-filled Insulation Displacement Connectors (22AWG, 24AWG or 26AWG solid conductor type). RJ-11 connection for test jack|