PON Boost MDU
Model: SA-4640-1001 SA-4640-1S2J SA-4640-1001
The PON Boost MDU is a 12-volt DC (output) 4 port Boost Splitter that allows for convenient Optical Network Terminals (ONT’s) installation where power is not readily available. The PON Boost MDU allows for greater flexibility in support of installing High Speed Internet services over Fiber/Ethernet. This unit supports up to 25 watts of 802.3at power over ethernet cable. The unit supports up to 4 individual Ethernet connections with power and Ethernet (PoE). The Ethernet traffic is passed on to the ONT and the Power is directed at the power port to power the ONT.
The PON Boost MDU works efficiently under ranging temperatures (-40 to 75°C) and comes installed in a NEMA rated enclosure. The package includes two industrial high-power injectors, that deliver power up to 100 meters (328 feet) over CAT5/6E cabling. This solution uses existing Cat5/6E wiring to power the ONT, eliminating the need to run additional fiber, Cat5/6E, or power wire within the living unit to provide up to 1 Gig High Speed Internet services.
- Designed to take advantage of existing Cat5/6E wiring and eliminates the need to run power wire
- Eliminates the need for outdoor power access availability
- Significant reduction in Time and Material during new customer installations
- Makes “unserviceable” properties serviceable with the use of existing Cat5/6E wiring
- Eliminates installation issues (HOA requirements, owner, exposed wire limitations, no power access, etc.)
- Supports up to 4 individual living units with power and 10/100/1000 Ethernet
Dimensions (H x W x D)
184 x 172 x 54 mm
7.25 x 6.75 x 2.13 "
-40 to +65 °C
-40 to +149 °F
Input: 802.3at PoE 48~56V DC
Output: 12V DC, max 1.7A
- IEEE 802.3af / 802.3at Power over Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3 / 802.3u / 802.3ab 10/ 100/ 1000BASE-T
- FCC Part 15
- IEC 60950-1 UL/CSA Safety
Boost MDU Splitter + 1 Boost Injector
Boost MDU Splitter + 2 Boost Injectors
Boost MDU Splitter w/Enclosure