Comtest modernizes traditional methods of outside plant augmentation by reducing cost up to 70%, improving high speed internet performance, improving line stability, and substantially improving the customer experience.
Your legacy network was built to support Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS/64K) and was never intended to support today’s Gigabit+ bandwidth technologies (latest G.fast and G.hn services). Comtest solutions give copper networks the performance boost required to support the increasing demand for data services.
• Comtest improves performance where no one else does with real world improvements ranging from +16% to an astounding 269% in sync/data rates
• Comtest’s patented EMI suppression technology provides superior stability and improve customer experience by increasing speed, reducing retrains, and eliminating chronic service issues
• Comtest transforms your network from a POTS network that barely supports xDSL technologies and transforms it into a superior DATA network that can support POTS as needed
Our patented secondary protection design adds stability, better protection, and auto-recovery after service disruptions. This means your customers out of service time is eliminated or reduced overall. Better protection and auto-recovery directly correlates to reduced repair calls and field dispatches. This also eliminates equipment damage (RT/CPE)
• Comtest solutions provide faster response time to impulse events (lightning, transient power, etc.) than gas discharge tube (GDT)
• Faster response time results in better protection of the equipment
• Protection resets after the event has passed and the customer is back in service
xDSL crosstalk is one of the biggest impacts to service quality and it occurs in both high and low density situations; degradation can be experienced with as few as three lines activated. Reducing xDSL crosstalk translates to improved stability, reduced errors, higher SNR margin, higher sync rate and increased throughput.
• Comtest solutions are 6x quieter than conventional methods used today, with a 20+ dB reduction in Near End Cross Talk (NEXT) across the spectrum
• Reduced Crosstalk directly correlates with higher customer satisfaction
• Real-world improvements mean lower operating expenses and better service reliability